Let's Scramble Some Eggs...

If you think you can't cook, think again. Cooking is all about being fearless. Acknowledge when something doesn't work, identify the problem, and try it again. That's what I do, and this is a showcase of the results!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Pasta with Sauteed Spinach and Sausage

This is one of my favorites so far.  It was kind of an accident because I was bored and now I'm constantly craving it!








Ingredients:
-pasta (I used fun pasta... cause it was on sale :)
-spinach
-sausage (I used homemade sweet sausage)
-olive oil
-garlic
-parmesan


Directions:
Cook the pasta (follow box directions, make sure it's al dente) and drain.  


In a sauté pan, put about 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and one clove of garlic chopped (I use the smallest cheese grater I have, it makes a lot of delicious garlic-juice). Remove casing of sausage and throw it in the pan whole.  Turn up the heat (medium) and when you start to hear sizzling, turn the heat to medium-low and start to chop the sausage.  You want to have large pieces, not completely broken up like taco meat.  Keep moving sausage around in the pan till it is all brown and delicious looking.  


When the meat looks thoroughly cooked add the spinach leaves and wilt them.  This should only take a minute or two.  I used about a cup and a half of fresh leaves, but you can use more or less depending on how guilty you feel about what you've already eaten :)  


When the spinach is all wilted and such, add the pasta to the pan, fluff it all together, and ta-da!  Top with some delicious fresh parmesan and maybe some extra olive oil.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment